Living the dream

Living the dream
Our favorite place

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Explanation

Don't get me wrong - the first part of my life was amazing.  I married the love of my life and we were blessed with two beautiful children.  I was able to be a stay-at-home Mom and enjoyed every minute of it.  Oh, of course there were troubles, but nothing that we could not get through.

The years whizzed by and before we knew it our children were adults with their own wonderful lives.  As that time drew nearer I occasionally had the random thought of what would happen after they left.  I had spent years making them my world with my husband waiting patiently on the sidelines.  As we entered the teenage years, he wanted to make plans of what we would do when the nest became empty.  I, of course, could not imagine that happening and tried to pretend that everything would always be the same. I don't react well to change, and I dug in my heels, refusing to contemplate a world without my little ones.

Then it happened!  They grew up and left me...with Him!  Panic set in and for the first few months I donned mourning clothes and proceeded to grieve for my life.  Really made Him feel great, I'm sure.

No comments: